Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Happy Birthday to Marguerite!

The flowers were beautiful
Presenting of the cake
"The cake tasted good"

Hello Everyone. Yesterday was Marguerite's birthday. Suzanne and Kayla got a cake and I cooked it. It tasted good but my goodness, it looked awful. After icing it I tried to write happy birthday on it and it did not turn out so well. The stuff coming out of the tube kept changing directions on me and the writing was awful. I tried, I truly did, we all just laughed and Marguerite was just so happy with the cake she didn't care what it looked like. The VA team gave her flowers and a card. Then we all started singing happy birthday to her and her smile was so big. When we gave her everything she started to cry. I told her she couldn't because then we would all cry. She said her friends asked her what she was going to do for her birthday and she told them nothing because she was still in the fema trailer and couldn't do anything. So, she thought it would just be another day with her and her husband. When we showed up with the cake, flowers and card everything changed and now she was having something for her birthday and it just touched her so much. It was so unexpected. It amazes me how wonderful God is. God knew she needed this on her birthday and he allowed us to be a part of it. Just to see the joy that this brought her touched my heart so much.

The VA team is working so hard to get her house done. They go all day and don't want to stop. Marguerite really wanted to be in her home by her birthday and was a little depressed but if we can get her in by the end of this week she will be so happy. They were getting the kitchen floor put down today and working on the bathroom. I have got pictures and will put them on the blog tomorrow. Devotions are starting soon and I don't want to miss them. This team has devotion every night and I love listening to them. Also Marguerite has come here to have dinner with us so I hope she likes it. I made Jumbalia. We'll see.

Before I sign off I would like everyone to pray for our son Alex. He goes to Shippensburg University in Shippensburg, PA. He is really sick right now and I can't be there with him. It is hard sometimes being so far away from him and not being there to help him when he is sick. He is 20 but, he is our youngest son and still my little boy (all grown up). Every mother reading this knows what I mean. Anyway thank you for your prayers. We Love you all. Until next time..Lots of Love .... from Allen and Dovie..

No comments: