Sunday, August 5, 2007





Hi Everyone. Another couple of days since my last blog but I am back. I first want to say a farewell to our California team of men that left Saturday morning. They were a great group of men who did a lot for us and the community. The church looks awesome! Thank you guys for coming and giving you all to get things finished.
We work colsely with SUM (School Of Urban Missions) which had another team form California with them and most of them were women. These women put on roofs for the whole time they were here. This is the first pictures you see. I could not believe the way they maneuvered their way around on the roof. There were men that came with them and worked hard too but the women really showed them what they could do. We ribbed the guys a lot because the women was working around them. All the team worked really hard. It is a chore in itself trying to take off a roof then going to another house and putting on a roof. They were a great bunch of people who I take my hat off to. I do not like heights and don't know if I could do it.
We still have the Washington team of teenagers here and they are doing a great job. They have cut and pulled so many weeds down from houses so the houses can be worked on. They have dealt with bees, mosquito's, fire ants and they still kept going. They had a barbecue for the community Saturday and it went great. I could not attend because I had other commitments at the church but Allen said it was great. They are having another barbecue for the community at the church, St. Luke's on Tuesday so I will be attending that. I will take lots of pictures of the event and let you know how it turns out.
This is the last 3 days I will have with my nephews and Robin so I am going to try to spend more time with them. They are working so hard and I am so proud of them. I really have enjoyed their stay. Please keep them in your prayers.
Allen and I will be going home at the end of August so those of you at home we will see you soon. To all of the teams that look at the blog I will make sure I let you know when we leave and come back.
Until next time... Lots of Love ... from Allen and Dovie

No comments: