Monday, June 25, 2007

A Day I will Remember






Hello Everyone. Today is my birthday and I just wanted to give you an update of how all my family here made me feel so special. The pictures you see tonight are of my day and family. These are the people, Allen, Susan, Monty, Jessica and Joel. Mark came back today also. This is my extended family. Of course there is Pastor Teresa, Greg, Pastor Larry, Ezra, Brian and Diane. Some of these people are not here they are at home visiting their family or at another country volunteering there for a few weeks. Anyway this is how my day went.

We have devotions at 7:30 am so when I walked in to devotions there sat Susan, Monty, Joel, Jessica (she has 3 friends from her home here with her visiting) and we have a team here from Pennsylvania (12 of them) that were there also. Anyway they had a big sign on the door saying Happy Birthday Dovie and it was signed by my family here. I know it was Susan's idea and I love her for that. Then all day different people were singing happy birthday to me.

Allen, I and Paul (our son) went to dinner and we had a good time. When I got back to our home my family here had a cake for me and a gift. It was a gift certificate to get a pedicure. Let me tell you I am so excited about this gift. My feet are so bad right now even I am afraid to touch my own leg without getting scratched. No kidding and I don't care who knows because it is true and I need one. My poor husband has to deal with it so you know he loves me. I have to say this has been the best birthday in a long time. Anyway I love my family here and I wanted you all to know how special they are. Please keep them in your prayers. You know after putting these pictures on here I realized I don't have any good pictures of my family. Joel is the only one I actuall have a good picture of. Well I will take better pictures of my family and put them on so you can actually see their faces, wouldn't that be nice.

Anyway, my family back home especially my sister Della and my son Alex called me several times to wish me a happy birthday. I miss all my family and friends there very much also. Well I will say good night for now so until tomorrow...we love you.... Dovie and Allen

No comments: