Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It is a Mess Inside but Help is on the Way!









Hello Everyone. I have been showing you pictures of houses that need to be rebuilt but I have only showed you the outside of the houses. Well I thought you might like to see what the houses look like inside. The pictures you see are pictures of a house we worked on yesterday and what it looks like inside. This is what we see before we go in and tear everything out. What you see on the walls is black mold. You have to wear breathing masks and gloves at all time because the mold is dangerous if you get it in your lungs. Every room has the mold up to the ceiling. All the furniture has already been removed. Nothing was salvageable. The people lost everything. This was a beautiful home at one time. Imaging coming home after the storm and walking into this. However, everything you had worked for was destroyed ,your furniture, cloths, jewelry, and most of all your pictures. Your family pictures of your children growing up. Pictures of your children graduating from school. Birthday pictures of your children's 1 birthday party. Holiday dinners and get together. Everything just gone. Whenever I walked into a house I thought I knew what to expect but each time it is somewhat different. Especially when you meet the owner and they share their lives with you. I thank God for my husband and family.
I want you to know that there is a team of teenagers from Michigan that is working on this house and they got it all tore out in one day. The are awesome. They came with their hearts and hands and never complained. We are very proud and blessed to have them here. Tomorrow I will have pictures of the house after everything was tore out.
We also have a team from Pennsylvania, Yea PA. It is nice to have someone close to where we came from to come and help. I will have pictures of them and what they did this week on Thursday. They are an awesome team too. Loving and kind. I will give you more about them later.
Me, Mark, Jessica, and two teens from Michigan went out today and handed out free lunches to people that needed food. God told us to go and share the food and that is what we did. We just wanted them to know that we care and we love them. Some asked us for prayer and others wanted more information. God keeps telling me to just show them Jesus and the way to do that is to show them my heart. I am trying to let my heart show so please keep us in your prayers.
Well I know I have said a lot tonight so I will stop for now. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Until next time... Lots of Love coming your way... Dovie and Allen.


No comments: