Wednesday, June 6, 2007



Hello Everyone. We have been very busy and again I had trouble with the email site but we are up and running again. Hopefully I will be able to update the blog three times a week. I will try with all my might.
OK to the news for the week. You will notice the two pictures of people. Well first I want to thank Jodi who sent me the camera and I was able to get these pictures. Thank you Jodi.
We had two wonderful teams, one from California (which is the first picture) and a group of Teens from Missouri (which is the second picture). They were awesome! The California team put in plumbing, put up drywall, put in electricity, just about rebuilt a house on there own. Well this is how I describe it because they were such a blessing to us. The went our every day and did anything and everything they could to help a member in our church who has lived in a fema trailer for two years now. She is so excited to get her house fixed up. A little more work and she will finally be in the house. I want to give a shout out to Rebbecca and the ladies from the kitchen of the team, I love you. Your friendship while you were here was so real. Thank you. The whole team just full of love.
OK, I don't want to take away form the Missouri team. You teens ROCK! You are awesome! You never complained nor never slowed down. This team got up every morning at 6:00 am and worked all day. They went in a house that was full of mold and cleaned the house out while wearing a mask on there face all day. It was hot and sweaty and really stunk but no one stopped. The things in the home were there for two years and was covered in mud and dirt and was heavy. There were beds, mattresses, dressers, refrigerators you name it and it was in the house and they carried it all outside with a smile. The other team gave them much praise because they worked hard. You should be very proud of yourself because we are and we love you so much for coming and helping us. And your leaders are great! You are very blessed to have people like that, that care for you that much. Thank you all for coming.
Well its time to say by for now but remember it is just until the next update and remember Allen and I love you all. God Bless you.

No comments: